Friday, July 06, 2007

Day 3 of the Cylinder Change

Day 2 was mostly just taking off the cam galley and the manifolds. At the end of Day 2, I was ready to attack the cylinders themselves.

Day 3 started with Sky and I getting him some rubber gloves and paper towels. Then we drove out to the airport and had Glenn grind me up a special "Cylinder Wrench".
While I started to loosen the nuts holding the cylinders on, I had Skyler cleaning the parts I had already taken off. In 3 hours, we were able to get the 3 cylinders off and most of the parts cleaned. Tomorrow the gasket and rings sets comes and then we'll get very busy putting it all back together.


Post a Comment

<< Home